Monday, January 17, 2011

The Diet

      So Troy and I have decided to go on a diet together. It's really more of a healthy lifestyle change, but I'm calling it our diet anyway.  I want to get back to the weight I was when we met. I gained 20 pounds after we got married and then 30 with my pregnancy. I am determined to reach my weight goal and have more drive than I ever have in any other diet. So far I have lost 15 pounds since Lola was born and I want to lose more more more. We are trying to eat 5 small meals a day (which is hard for me, I forget to eat a lot because I'm busy with the baby). Teaching Zumba is helping a lot in my goal. As of right now I am teaching 4 classes a week, plus one Saturday a month and Club Zumba on Friday nights. Those of you that know me well, know that I LOVE to shop. So my big reward for losing all the weight is going to be an extravagant shopping trip to Boise! I'll post every few weeks to update how I'm doing with my goal. Ideally I will be where I want to be by July...I can do this!

4 comments:

  1. I really want to figure out how to do that myself but I am at a loss on what to actually eat to accomplish that. I have been better on day shift. I do low sugar oatmeal and coffee for breakfast, yogurt for a snack, a light lunch, then I try to do something healthier for supper. Its graves that is going to kill me. Its not unusual for me to revert back to 1-2 meals on graves because I hate eating anything after 8 and I am a horrible planner. If you have any great ideas I would love to hear them. I want to lose 40lbs at least myself. I am envious with your zumba classes. I am trying to get myself active, I know that is the main key to kicking my own butt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What we did for the first week was precook all our chicken, brown rice, and wheat pasta. Then we would cut lettuce as needed for salads but the chicken was ready. The trick for us has just been preparing a weeks worth of meals ahead of time so you can just grab and go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really need to start eating better. For years my weight loss trick has just been to just stop eating. lol. Its just so easy for me to only eat one meal a day and drop like 10lbs in 2 weeks. Its hard for me because I know its so unhealthy doing it that way but it works like a charm for me! Its hard to take the hard healthy way of eating 5 or 6 times a day and working out when I can just eat only dinner every day and loose more weight! Boo hoo :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jori - I have always been jealous of how you can just drink coffee all day, not eat and drop so quickly lol. My ultimate goal is to lose the weight so I can be at my healthiest before we have another baby...and I want to feel good about myself lol. I'm teaching 5 workout classes a week so that helps, but I never feel like I'm doing enough lol

    ReplyDelete